NRA CET Daily Current Affairs
Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully flight-tested the Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART). The flight was successfully tested today on October 5, 2020 from the Wheeler Island from the coast of Odisha. This launch is significant to establish the anti-submarine warfare capabilities and is a significant step that comply with the Atmanirbhar Bharat initiative.
Postal Ballot for Elderly and People with Disabilities
- Postal ballot polling option has been given green signal for the upcoming Bihar elections
- ”If the person opts for postal ballot, then the BLO will collect the filled-in form 12-D from the house of the elector.
- The form would be collected within five days of the notification and deposit it with the returning officer (RO).
- For the polls to be held in a transparent manner, the returning officer would deploy polling teams to deliver and collect the postal ballot on a pre-informed dates and then deposit it with the RO.
- This postal ballot facility is different from the one that is extended to service voters. In this case, those who want to use the facility have to fill up a form.
- This decision has been taken in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Memorial for soldiers martyred in Galwan Clash
The Indian Army has build up a memorial in the honour of twenty soldiers who lost their lives in the Galwan Clash between Indian Army and Chinese Army in June 2020 in the Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldi road. The memorial contain the names of the soldiers and they have been mentioned as “Gallants of Galwan”.
The summit is being organised in order to catalyse cutting-edge solar cell manufacturing in India. There will be sessions including the plenary session, sessions on ‘Wafers and Cells, Session on ‘Modules and Production Equipment’ and a session on ‘Supply Chain.
India – Bahrain discussed on Bilateral Cooperation
India’s new Ambassador to Bahrain, Piyush Srivastava and Bahrain’s Minister of Finance and National Economy Shaikh Salman bin Khalifa Al Khalifa hold meeting on October 4, 2020 and discussed bilateral cooperation between the two Nations. They discussed several ways to strengthen India-Bahrain cooperation in the financial and business sectors. Both the countries reviewed the economic partnership and ways of strenghten it in order to provide to provide more promising investment opportunities. They also had a discussion on issues of common interest and the latest global economic developments.
Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae is commonly known as Xoo infection. It is an bacterial leaf blight disease in rice. It causes huge yield losses to rice cultivation in both temperate and tropical regions especially in Asia.