NRA CET Daily Current Affairs
- Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019 – Sir David Attenborough
- Union Cabinet approved amendments to Labour Codes.
- Five Public Sector Undertakings will join the International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana and launch of e-Gopala application
Sir David Attenborough was conferred with the prestigious Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2019, on September 7, 2020.
What is Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
Indira Gandhi Peace Prize award is for peace, disarmament and development. It has been named after the former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. It Is being conferred every year since 1986 by Indira Gandhi Memorial Trust. It consists of monetary award of Rs 25 lakhs.
Union Cabinet approved amendments to Labour Codes. These three labour codes were proposed in Industrial Relations Code, 2019. The three codes include Occupational safety and health, social security and industrial relations.
Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced that five Public Sector Undertakings will join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action.
The five PSUs to join the ISA are
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited,
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited,
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited,
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- and GAIL India Limited.
PM Narendra Modi is to launch Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana. Along with the scheme, the PM will also launch e-Gopala application.
The scheme focuses on sustainable development of fisheries in India to be implemented between 2020-21 and 2024-25.
e-Gopala application: The application aims at improving breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers. The application will include the following