SSC CHSL 2020 : Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination, 2020
SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Important Dates
Dates for submission of online applications: 06-11-2020 to 15-12-2020
Last date and time for receipt of online application: 15-12-2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for making online fee payment: 17-12-2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 19-12-2020 (23:30)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 21-12-2020
Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021
Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): To be notified later
Pay Scale : SSC CHSL 2020
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs. 19,900-63,200).
- Postal Assistant (PA)/Sorting Assistant (SA): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4(Rs. 25,500-81,100) and Level-5(Rs.29,200-92,300).
- Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500-81,100).
- Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 01-01-2021):
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-01-2021i.e. Candidates born not before02-01-1994 and not later than 01-01-2003 are eligible to apply.
- Permissible relaxation in upper age limit for different categories are as under:
- SC/ST 5 years
- OBC 3 years
- PwD (Unreserved) 10 years
- PwD(OBC) 13 years
- PwD (SC/ST) 15 years
- Ex-Servicemen (ESM) 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.
- Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
- Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC CHSL Exam 2020 Pattern and Syllabus
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
- Scheme of Examination:
- The examination will consist of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, the metric systems of weights and measures will be used.
- The dates of examinations indicated in the Notice are tentative. Any change in the schedule of examinations will be informed to candidates only through the website of the Commission.
- There shall be no provision for re-evaluation/ re-checking in the examination. No correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination):
- I English Language (Basic Knowledge) Questions 25 Marks 50
- II General Intelligence Questions 25 Marks 50
- III Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) Questions 25 Marks 50
- IV General Awareness Questions 25 Marks 50
- Total time 60 Minutes (80 Minutes for candidates eligible for scribe)
Syllabus for Tier-I (Computer Based Examination)
Indicative Syllabus for the Computer Based Examination (Tier-I):
English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/
Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms &
Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive
Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of
Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage,
General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and nonverbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy,
Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural
Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams,
Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural
Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series,
Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures,
Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence,
Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other subtopics,
if any Numerical operations.
Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and
Fractions, Relationship between numbers.
Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and
Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound),
Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and
Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary
surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of
triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords
of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle,
Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere,
Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with
triangular or square Base.
Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary
angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard
Identities like sin2𝜃 + Cos2𝜃=1 etc.,
Statistical Charts: Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency
polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart.
General Awareness: Questions are designed to test the candidate’s general
awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such
matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as
may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions
relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to
History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific
For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability, there will be no
component of Maps/ Graphs/ Diagrams/ Statistical Data in the General
Intelligence and Quantitative Aptitude parts.